In order to coordinate the Company’s activity five Regional Branches of Kazgeologiya were established in the respective regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
1. Regional Branch of Kazgeologiya “Vostokgeologiya”;
2. Regional Branch of Kazgeologiya “Zapadgeologiya”;
3. Regional Branch of Kazgeologiya “Severgeologiya”;
4. Regional Branch of Kazgeologiya “Yuzhgeologiya”;
5. Regional Branch of Kazgeologiya “Centergeologiya”.
The major activities of Branches are geological exploration, including regional geological surveying works; exploration on all kinds of mineral resources (solid minerals, uranium, hydrocarbon crude, and underground water); prospecting and evaluation works on all kinds of mineral resources; underground water exploration.
The main objectives of the Branches are:
1) ensuring performance of regional prospecting, prospecting and evaluation, prospecting and exploration works in accordance with the plans of Kazgeologiya;
2) monitoring and control of fulfillment by Kazgeologiya contractors of their contract obligations and following the work plans; monitoring execution by contractors of Kazgeologiya of the design decisions, their adherence to procedural guidelines, and the quality of their work;
3) analyzing and generalizing geological information by regions, within the scope of their competence;
4) participating in preparation and implementation of the projects under terms of the contracts and agreements on issues of Kazgeologiya Branch competence;
5) preparing proposals with motivation concerning the project sites and the scope of work in order to plan the activity of Kazgeologiya;
6) participating in field researches while carrying out regional, prospecting, prospecting and evaluation, prospecting and exploration works by Kazgeologiya;
7) preparing the reports on the sites where the prospecting, prospecting and evaluation, prospecting and exploration works are carried out;
8) participating in the selection process of prospecting sites and drilling locations in cooperation with the local authorities, customer, and contractors with drawing up a document;
9) analyzing the state of geological and engineering-geological knowledge of sites which are subjects of the regional prospecting, prospecting and evaluation, prospecting and exploration works in accordance with the approved plans for each object of Kazgeologiya;
10) preparing and submitting the reports on regional, prospecting and prospecting and exploration works carried out by the Branch to the Kazgeologiya Head office;
11) presenting the monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports on the Branch operation to the Kazgeologiya Head office in compliance with the requirements of the internal documents of Kazgeologiya JSC.